SPEAKING TEST FORMAT
IELTS Speaking Test is a formal speaking session conducted in a separate room with the examiner which lasts for around 11 to 14 minutes.In the following part you can have an idea about what is asked of what type. Candidate is assessed based on the following 4 parameters of speaking.
|PART 1(Introductory Part||PART 2 (Task card or Cue card)||PART 3 (Discussion or Follow up Questions)|
|DURATION Lasts||4 to 5 minutes||3 minutes||5 to 6 minutes|
|Type||Question /Answer||Topic||Question/ Answer|
|PREPARATION TIME||NO PREPARATION TIME||1 minute to prepare and make short notes on the given topic||No Preparation Time|
|Topics can be asked||Home, hometown, hobbies, family, studies/ work||GENERAL TOPICS||Questions related to Part 2 topic|
|Numbers of TOPICS can BE ASKED||Ranges from 3 to 4 topics||1 topic||1 or 2 topic related to the cue card|
Now, you know what sort of things are to be asked, so the key to crack the exam is PRACTICE PRACTICE AND PRACTICE MORE……….
Here are the topics which are being asked to the candidates in their recent exam with the sample answers.
So, Lets get started………….
RECENT SPEAKING PART 1 TOPICS
Important Introductory Topics for Jan to April 2022 session.
RECENT IELTS CUE CARD JAN to April 2022 with Model Answers
- Describe a person you follow on social media.
- Describe a cafe you like to visit.
- Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future.
- Describe a bag you want to own
- Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading
- Describe a law on environmental protection
- Speak about a skill that you can teach to someone
- Describe a street market in your city
- Describe a live sports match you have watched
- Describe an article on health you read in a magazine or on internet
- Describe a plan in your life that is not related to study or work
- Describe a tall building which you like or dislike
- A piece of local news that people are interested in
- Describe a puzzle you have played
- Describe a time you saw something on social media
- Describe a promise you made to someone
- Describe a Science area you are interested in
- Speak about your favourite singer
- Describe a time someone or something made noise.